If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you. 
 

Absaroka Head Start began as a summer program in 1965 under the Community Action Program (CAP) under the direction of the late Jim Argeris. It is federally funded 80% and the other 20% is made up in in-kind donations.  Absaroka Head Start has since expanded to seven counties with centers located in Basin, Buffalo, Cody, Lander, Lovell, Powell, Riverton, Sheridan, Thermopolis, and Worland utilizing 19 classrooms.  Absaroka Head Start covers 28,616 square miles in rural northern Wyoming.  In 1978, Absaroka Head Start was incorporated and became Absaroka, Inc. In 2013 Absaroka Head Start will complete 48 years of service to the community of Worland.

We contract with businesses, churches and organizations such as the Boys & Girls Club and the Wyoming State Training School to provide classroom facilities.  The everyday maintenance at our sites and all upgrades to facilities are the responsibility of Absaroka Head Start. We make every effort to purchase groceries and supplies locally. We consider ourselves reliable and dependable renters. 

Absaroka Head Start is focused on providing services to children under the age of five and their families. All segments of the program recognize that the parent(s) as the first teacher(s) of the child. We believe that childrens physical, intellectual, and emotional development should be encouraged so they may develop to their full potential. Children enrolled in the center-based model attend school four days per week.  Staff utilize Friday for Professional Development and case management.

 

Serving: Absaroka Head Start, Big Horn Basin Early Head Start, & Absaroka Migrant Head Start

  Site Map